Re: Problem with WindowsSync

Sören Malchow wrote:

i can see this message when duming network traffic between DS and AD, and when i look at the dump with ethereal this message shows up thousands of time.

Ok one after another

1. DS uses the AD user i used for sync to successfully bind to AD

2. The DS issues a search request for the correct Base DN

3. AD answers

        - 1. answer seems to be search result
- 2. - nth answer seems to be individual CNs, but in this case i can see either

"Can't parse message ID: Wrong type for that item" prepended by "Invalid LDAP packet"
                or
"Can't parse sequence header: Wrong type for that item" prepended by "Invalid LDAP message"

        in ethereal.

Ah, I see. I'd suspect a bug in ethereal : I've used it to decode the
protocol stream between FDS and AD more times than I can remember,
and haven't seen that error. It's as if ethereal is not decoding the
packet correctly. Are you running a recent version of ethereal ?