Re: One Way Sync

Scott Boggs wrote:

Hello,

I am interested in knowing if anyone is using the PassSync functionality in only one direction, making the Fedora-DS a consumer only to the Active Directory server. I am only interested in populating the Fedora-DS with the user account information and passwords; there is no need for me to go in the other direction. With that in mind, would I still create a ‘Single Master’ replication configuration or is there an alternate method since the Fedora-DS is really only the consumer and not a supplier? My guess is that a ‘Single Master’ configuration will still have to be created since the winsync code builds off the replication plug-in. If it turns out that the Fedora-DS must be a supplier, is there any method to stop the Fedora-DS from expecting the Active Directory system to have correctly sync’d databases?

Other than the functionality of pushing passwords and accounts from my Fedora-DS system not being needed (in fact the AD server group will only allow my Fedora-DS to pull and not update) I am hoping that this could fix the “db vector errors” from occurring.

What "db vector errors"? Are these coming from Fedora DS?

Any suggestions from the Fedora-DS veterans’ out there? Thanks