Re: Re: enforce strong passwords

Jo De Troy wrote:

Hi Nathan,

yep this would meet my requirements.
As an aside: Would it be in scope of this project to have a webinterface to allow the users to change their passwords? If the endusers don't have a valid shell on a Unix box and they need to change their password.

The Directory Server Gateway web application included with Fedora DS allows users to change their password.

Would the ldapserver give back meaningfull errors as to why a password change was rejected?

The LDAP password policy draft does not break things down into quite the level of detail you might need. We'll see if we can extend it.

Maybe a stupid question: Will changing the password via ldappasswd enforce all the policies set? ( e.g. password history, lockout, expiration) If ldappasswd does this, I guess it does, I guess a webinterface would basically be a frontend to ldappasswd.

Greetings,
Jo