Re: Grabbing unix crypt of password

Daniel Shackelford wrote:

Hello,

We have scripts that are currently looking at our Win2003 and grabbing the user passwords via SFU. This is in a Unix crypt format, and it is then stuffed into the local passwd file and httpauth file on our HPUX server. We are attempting to move to FDS and it would be super nice if we could just change a few line of our current scripts to get the password crypts from there instead.

So, grab the crypt'ed password from Win2003 and store that as the userPassword attribute in FDS? Sure, FDS supports crypt.

Are my hopes too high?