Re: Another console problem

This is a bug in Java, the login window is behind the splash screen: please use ./startconsole -x nologo

James Wilde wrote:

Have not found any directly relevant solutions recently in the mailing list. Hope I'm not duplicating something that's already been answered.

I'm running FDS 101 on RHEL 4. I have run the setup program to install the administration server, and the installation completed with no apparent errors. The setup.log indicates everything is in order and encourages me to start the console.

When I do as it states, cd /opt/fedora-ds then ./startconsole -u admin -a http://myserver.domain.com:1234/ I get a splash screen for the console, including the words 'Please log in...', but no login window. The prompt does not return either from ./startconsole command until I press Ctrl-C, when the splash screen also disappears.

I have not been able to find any errors recorded in log files.

Any help would be appreciated.

//James

Pete