Re: multi master replication over SSL

Susan wrote:

--- Richard Megginson <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If the consumer can verify and validate the suppliers cert, as in certificate based auth, then it should work. Otherwise, you can just use regular SSL replication with password auth.

OK, I understand.  I don't care about cert-based SSL, so I'll go with the simple auth then.

I'm  not sure who wrote the mmr.pl script
(http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:MultiMasterReplication) but I must say thank you,
author, the script works trouble free, as advertised.  However, I don't see anything in there
about replication over SSL.  And it doesn't look like I can convert it to SSL, once the
replication is established using mmr.pl, is that correct?
No, I think you can. You just need to edit the replication agreement to use ssl and connect to the ssl port.
Will that allow you to do certificate based auth, or just SSL encryption of the channel with password based auth? If so, then it's the same as regular replication with SSL and passwords without certificate based au

no, you're right, it's the same thing, so no point in using stunnel then.  Nevermind.