Re: Per-host specific search results

Jonathan Barber wrote:

Is it possible to get FDS to return different results depending on the
hostname/IP which the binding client appears to be comming from?

Possible I believe by ACL trickery (masking certain values from all but binds from certain hosts) but that would be a huge headache to administer I would imagine.

I would like this as I want to distribute different versions of Linux
autofs auto.master data to various client boxes, but keep the client
configuration identical and as simple as possible.
Probably better just to have an entry per host so that each host just looks for its own settings - the clients can have identical configuration, they just get their hostname and use that to search for their directory based configuration. On the server side, look at class of service to reduce your admin overhead for the values.

--
Pete