Re: RE: reducing memory footprint?

Gerald Richter wrote:

I tried it out and here is the result (everything is after startup and
without any load or work. The numbers are the virtual memory that ps shows):

- default configuration ~ 122MB

- reduce db cache from 10MB to 1 MB ~ 113MB

- reduce number of threads from 30 to 3 ~ 57MB

- disable unneeded plugins ~ 55MB

BTW This is still a factor of 5 higher than OpenLdap, which takes about 10MB

And OpenLDAP is still ~100 times bigger than:

http://www.fefe.de/tinyldap/ - 11k

From what you wrote and from what I read and what my tests shows: It really
seems that FDS is good for huge databases with high load, but not for the
small ones with limited computer resources.

That is not IMO a logical assumption or something which can be proven, as you have not defined "huge", "small ones", or "limited computer resources".

BR,
--
mike