Re: Account Expiration Warning

Jim Summers wrote:
Where -D is the id listed as proxyagent in ldap.conf, and the password
supplied is for that id.  If userPassword is returned then you know what
is going on.

If this is not what is happening, check and make sure you don't have
rootbinddn and /etc/ldap.secret set up.  If it is actually binding as
your rootdn then that is what it could be as well.

Welp, I am stumped. Running various ldapsearchs I got the results as they should be. Binding as the proxy, no userPassword, binding as an admin then I get the userPassword.

I looked in /etc/ and there is not an ldap.secret file, so I guess I do not have the rootbinddn setup.

I was thinking of removing the shadowExpire attributes but I am afraid if I do that then cron may stop working.

Not sure at this point.

Was doing some more testing this morning. Following along in my messages file, I noticed that when the testuser logs in, messages are being logged with pam_unix as the service, for example:

Dec 22 07:56:03 xxxxxxx sshd(pam_unix)[18339]: check pass; user unknown
Dec 22 07:56:03 xxxxxxx sshd(pam_unix)[18339]: authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=NODEVssh ruser= rhost=karp.cs.ou.edu Dec 22 07:56:03 xxxxxxx sshd(pam_unix)[18342]: session opened for user tulsa by (uid=9018)

I did set the following in sshd_config:

PAMAuthenticationViaKbdInt yes

Ideas / Suggestions?

Thanks,
jim

Thanks,
jim

Jamie

Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma