Re: Probably very stupid problem ....

Enrico Valsecchi wrote:

should have /etc/openldap/ldap.conf with at least...

BASE: dc=chiccomara,dc=org
HOST: 127.0.0.1

[.... cut ....]
# nss_base_hosts  ou=Host,ou=Mizar Solutions,dc=chiccomara,dc=org
scope one
probably need here...

base: dc=chiccomara,dc=org
host: 127.0.0.1
rootbinddn: cn=Directory Manager #or whatever bind dn you choose
and I am not all knowing on PADL tools but I would have...
nss_base_passwd ou=Users,ou=Mizar Solutions,dc=chiccomara,dc=org?one
nss_base_shadow ou=Users,ou=Mizar Solutions,dc=chiccomara,dc=org?one
nss_base_group  ou=Groups,ou=Mizar Solutions,dc=chiccomara,dc=org?one

and then /etc/ldap.secret with your rootbinddn password chmod 600

and you should be able to simply test it by doing...

getent passwd
getent group

Mumble mumble, if if run getent passwd and getent group,
I have a complete list of users and group.
Only problem is user authentication!
I have saved my users (with posixAccount) under ou called "Users".
During last hour I have search into the net a solution, without result.

After, I have thought to replace ou "Users" with ou "People", and I have saved
a new user under this new ou. Magically all it works. Question: to this point, it's necessary have one ou called "People" in order to guarantee the authentication under Linux with Fedora-DS?
No. You can use any naming convention you want. By default, FDS uses ou=People, and perhaps some of the openldap/nis/nss/pam stuff uses ou=Users by default. It was probably just some lingering config file somewhere.

Bye,

Enrico