RE: Host Access Based on Group Membership

Title: Message
Thank you very much!!  I briefly looked over the websites and it looks like what I need.  I knew there was a solution, but I didn't know what it was called.  I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.

From: fedora-directory-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:fedora-directory-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tay, Gary
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 5:37 AM
To: General discussion list for the Fedora Directory server project.
Subject: RE: Host Access Based on Group Membership

FDS is very similar to SUN ONE DS5.2, I think netgroup (+@netgroupXXX in /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow and "compat" keyword in /etc/nsswitch.conf) LDAP maps could be setup to achieve what you want, it has been used by many DS5.2 administrators

See:
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~garyttt/Installing%20and%20configuring%20OpenLDAP%20for%20RedHat%20Enterprise%20Linux3.htm
Step 5Y: Configure “netgroup” to work with RedHat or Solaris Native LDAP Clients
(i.e. controlling user access to host using netgroup LDAP maps)

Also see:
http://swforum.sun.com/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=52764&messageID=223846#223846
Configuring LDAP netgroups

Gary