Re: sharing files

arun shrimali wrote:

Dear All developers,
I love to be work on Linux, but as all my peer works on windows, thus I am surrounded by windows users having eye on me "how Linux works", my major problem is access shared files on other PCs (windows), though samba works well, but I request you to have the user friendly system to access the files on other PCs / Server. (may be, my peers define userfriendliness in light of the way windows shares files) If this happens I can convenes to switch over to Linux

This email list pertains to Fedora Directory Server. I doubt there are many people here who will be able to help you with your query. You might try a Samba list or a linux Desktop list. I do know that Gnome on RHEL4 and probably Fedora Core 3 and later has samba integration with the desktop, so that you can connect to a view your shares using the desktop file browser.

best wishes Arun Shrimali
M-9414239074
arunudr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:arunudr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>