Re: Re: "This beta software has expired"?

Kevin Kovach wrote:

Built this myself from the 7.1 source. You're thinking this is an issue with my build in particular, or you've seen this before?

Yes. The BUILD_BOMB is enabled by default. Our 7.1 binary builds had the build bomb disabled. In order to build with this disabled, use something like this:
make PUMPKIN_AGE=0 BUILD_BOMB="" .... other args ....
I apologize for this. We will be updating the wiki Building page ASAP. Future versions of the source code will disable the build bomb by default.

- Kevin

On 12/5/05, * Richard Megginson* <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Kevin Kovach wrote:

    > Thanks for the reply Richard.
    >
    > Are you able to supply any details on the issue?  Is this a known
    > problem that was already being worked on, or is this a brand new
    > issue?  If this has been around for a while, do you have a
    timetable
    > on a fix?

    Actually, is your problem in the released FDS 7.1 you downloaded from
    the download site, or did you build it yourself?

    > I've checked the list and have not seen anything regarding this
    error
    > message.  If there's anything I can do to help please let me know.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > - Kevin
    >
    > On 12/5/05, *Richard Megginson* <rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx
    <mailto:rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx>
    > <mailto:rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rmeggins@xxxxxxxxxx>>> wrote:
    >
    >     No, it's not a cert issue.  It's a problem with the core
    server, and
    >     we're working on a fix right now.
    >
    >     Kevin Kovach wrote:
    >
    >     > Hello again,
    >     >
    >     > I'm suspecting more and more that it was a certificate
    issue, since
    >     > the error log references port 636.
    >     >
    >     > However, I've gone over the SSL HOWTO on the FDS wiki and
    I don't
    >     > understand what the problem is.  When I installed FDS
    about 5 months
    >     > ago I used the information provided here,
    >     >
> http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/ssl.html#1087158
    >     > on setting up a self signed certificate.  This link was
    posted
    >     on the
    >     > SSL HOWTO on help with using certutil.
    >     >
    >     > I was able to get FDS up and running with SSL after a couple
    >     emails to
    >     > the list and a couple changes to the FDS wiki regarding
    SSL.  As I
    <mailto:kovach@xxxxxxxxx>
    <http://ldap.hostname.com:636> <http://ldap.hostname.com:636>