Search by "uid" attribute returns duplicate results

Hello,

I migrated a Netscape Directory Server 4.16 installation to Fedora Directory Server over the weekend. It went very smoothly, but I now have a puzzling problem. I have two servers setup in multimaster replication mode. On the one server, for one subtree only, if I search via the 'uid' attribute, each search returns two identical entries. On the other server, if I search via the 'uid' attribute, I get one entry. If I search on anything but the 'uid' attribute (say, for instance 'mail'), I get one result from both servers.

The server that returns duplicate results for the 'uid' searches was running in a test mode prior to my migration. However, I wiped the database/subtree that had our organization accounts located in it prior to migrating. My initial suspicion is that I have a messed up index somewhere but I don't see how I would ever have been able to import duplicate sets of entries anyway, since we are using 'uid' as our RDN value. Further, if I export the data for that subtree, there are only one set of entries for each account.

Thoughts on what might be occuring?

Kevin

--
Kevin M. Myer