Creating Replication Agreements at the Command Line

If anyone has successfully set up replication end-to-end (starting with configuring the replicas and on to creating and enabling a replication agreement) from the command line as opposed to using the GUI console, I'd appreciate seeing any notes they may have on the subject. While the Red Hat doc does a terrific job of covering replication (someone should get a medal for the troubleshooting section ...), there's no discussion there on how to administer this from the command line. For reliability and efficiency reasons I've been doing more and more of my directory management using command line tools, and would like to extend this into replication management. Thanks in advance.

Phil Lembo