Re: Active Directory Interaction

Scott Boggs wrote:

I have recently started working with the fedora directory server and I
think the
project totally rocks!.  I am hoping that a seasoned directory server
veteran can
educate me on where I am going wrong with setting a Fedora-ds and Active
directory
server to sync passwords.  The following is my configuration and
observations:

I am running Fedora Core 4 loaded with the
fedora-ds-7.1-2.RHEL4.i386.opt.rpm that
the project provided for evaluation.
Part of my evaluation is to demonstrate how the the directory sever will
interact with
a active directory system.  I have followed the instructions listed in
chapter 18 of the
Red Hat Directory Server Administration Guide.  Where I am running into
issues is that
the step 6 of the setup instructions states that once the suffix is
selected within the console
configuration area that sync can be chosen and a New Synchronization
Agreement created.

This area seems to be missing on my version.  I am guessing that I have
hit a limitation of the
evaluation version and I need to now build my own to enable this
functionality.  Am I correct?
If not, could someone please point me in the correct direction.
Hi Scott,

The binaries you have are not any sort of crippled, eval version. You can setup the Windows Sync feature. You need to right click on your dataqbase that is associated with your suffix under the "Configuration" tab in Console to create a new Windows Synch agreement. This is under the "Replication" item in the tree on the left-hand side of the Console. You most ilkely want to use the "userRoot" database.

-NGK

Thank you for you time.