Re: Binary Download links borken on main site -- Any mirrors?

Mike Jackson wrote:

Jackson, Jon wrote:

Hi,

I've been trying to get ahold of the 1.0.2 binaries for FC4, but the
link is dead (and is dead for FC3/RHEL4, FC2/RHEL3).  Is there another
place to get these?  I've done some googling and can't seem to locate a
mirror.  And I can't seem to find a site maintainer's email address, so
I'm reaching out to the users.  How are you obtaining binaries?

How finicky is the build process, If I were to build from the sources?
Do the sources include the recently released tools?

I built 1.0 from source with dsbuild, on my RHEL4 laptop, and it worked for me (tm). The admin console is really fast now with apache, compared to how it performed with the previous backend ns-httpd. I mean to say that it is a major performance improvement. This is the first time IMO that the admin console is actually "usable".

Note that 1.0 is not yet fully baked - that's why we dropped the download links. So if it works for you, that's great. If not, we'd really like to find out how/where it doesn't work.

I ran into one small hiccup while the admin server was building, where it refused to build with jdk1.5.0.

What problems did you see?

Dropping back to 1.4.2 solved the problem. Actually, I keep both of them in /usr/java, and just move the jdk symlink back and forth as needed. JAVA_HOME is set to /usr/java/jdk.

Note that you need httpd and httpd-devel packages on a RHEL/FC machine before 1.0 will build with dsbuild, since apxs is required for building mod_restart.

BR,
--
mike