Re: How to ldapsearch password expiration data?

Rich,

Thanks - I can see them now.

However, now I have questions about the semantics of password expiration. The NIS+ tables store the account (not password) expiration date as the absolute day number (from year 0). I'm trying to replicate these data in FDS.

1. First of all, I'm not sure that the password expiration feature does the same thing. When the password expires, will the user be prompted to change it or will he be locked out?

2. Second, I can't even test it, because I can't seem to force an expiration. The passwordMaxAge attribute is the number of days after which the password will expire. Well, it's the number of days *since when*? Since today? How is it updated then as the time goes by? Or since the first logon? Where is it stored then?

I am truly missing something. The admin guide does not make it clear.

Thanks,
Simon