Re: question about required fields and I18N issues

Chen Shaopeng wrote:

Richard Megginson wrote:
This is historical, due to the fact that in the old days, the uid
attribute was also the unix login name, which was restricted by most
OSes to be 7bit ASCII.  There is a 7 bit checking plugin which may be on
by default - you can probably safely disable it for all except
userPassword (and even then, your systems may be able to accept 8bit
passwords).

Thanks, I'll check the plugin more often. My apologies.

I see the argument list of the 7-bit plugin now. But is there
a reason why the base entry (dc=idsignet,dc=com) is also on
that list?
You can also specify the suffixes to which the checking applies. If the suffix is not in that list, it should not be checked for 7bit attrs.

Thanks

csp