Re: How can I create a User ID alias?

Darren Fulton wrote:

I have an in production application at our office (Web Calendar) that I
am migrating to LDAP authentication using FDS from application internal
authentication.
Some of the users in the old program have user id's of $firstname and
they don't work because everyone in the ldap server was setup as
$firstinitial$lasthname.
I have not been sucessful at changing the User ID's in the application
from $firstname to $firstinitial$lastname.

Question:  Is there a way that I can make aliases in FDS such that User
ID james equals User ID jjones?  If so, how can I do it?
FDS does not support LDAP aliases. However, you can have a single entry with two different uid attributes - uid is a multi-valued attribute. This will allow you to do an LDAP search for uid=james or uid=jjones and get the same entry. If you want to use uid as the naming attribute for the DN, you will just have to pick one of the values.

Thank you.

Darren