Re: windows sync problem

Jón Björn Njálsson wrote:
No nothing like that. I was wondering how can I create a group with
nt-attributes ?

I noticed that this group doesn´t have an NT attribute.
Could that be the problem ?

>From GUI, create new group, go to Advanced, add the objectclasses ntgroup and mailgroup.

Also, add attributes "ntgroupcreatenewgroup" and "ntgroupdeletegroup".  Set these attributes to "true" if you want create/delete to sycn to Windows, "false" otherwise.

Command line tools like ldapmodify would work too.

Jón Björn Njálsson wrote:

NSMMReplicationPlugin - agmt="cn=Active dir" (badabing:636):
windows_replay_update: failed to fetch local entry for add operatio
n dn="cn=rhi_staff,dc=rhi,dc=hi,dc=is"

Can anyone tell me what this error means and how to fix it ?

This is rather strange. It's saying that the add operation for
your group was found in the changelog, but when the sync
code tried to fetch the entry from the database, it failed.
I'm not sure how that could have happened (it can't even
happen if the entry is deleted because its tombstone remains).

Did anything out of the ordinary happen between adding
the group entry and the message ? (power outage, restored
database from backup, that kind of thing) ?