Re: Password Sync Search Scope

Ben Madsen - Mailing List wrote:

Anybody know when the next release is going to be for this particular tool? Or any of if for that matter?

Pretty soon.

-Ben

Brian Peters wrote:

Well, I got impatient and did a little digging through the source and found out the bad news for myself, but then I found some good news at least. It looks like the current release has the search scope hardcoded as one-level, but the bug had already been located and fixed as of this commit in June:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-directory-commits/2005-June/msg00000.html

So, I guess anyone else with this problem needs to wait for the next release (or recompile if they are impatient).

Brian

Brian Peters wrote:

Hi,

I have a user directory structure in AD that mimics a typical org chart such that my ou=People directory contains additional ou's as subtrees that represent different departments. I have a windows sync agreement in FDS set up, and after manually adding the various ou's on the FDS side, all the users sync over properly in all the subtrees.

My problem is with the password sync service for windows. Upon changing a user's password that has already been replicated to FDS from AD, I see in the access logs a search along these lines:

SRCH base="ou=People,dc=my,dc=domain" scope=1 filter="(ntUserDomainId=myUser)" attrs=ALL

with the result indicating no entries found:

RESULT err=0 tag=101 nentries=0 etime=0

The myUser account is at ou=MyDept,ou=People,dc=my,dc=domain, but the password sync service issues a search request to only search the ou=People directory non-recursively (i.e. scope=1). I don't see any options in either the PassSync.msi setup or in the registry keys to force the service to do a scope=2 recursive search. I tried to use the syntax "ou=People,dc=my,dc=domain?sub", but it doesn't seem to recognize that either. Is there any workaround for this besides to synchronize all of my users to a single directory on FDS?

Thanks,
Brian