Re: AD synchronization questions

Why not just use pGINA (http://pgina.xpasystems.com/) and get rid of worrying about ADS. See http://pgina.xpasystems.com/ this way you can get Windows boxes to authenticate directly against an LDAP server with little or no work. Its LDAP V3 compliant and shourl work with LDAP v2. I know it may not be what you are looking for but I thought that I would suggest it anyways.

HTH.

Cheers,

Aly.

Ivan Ruskov wrote:
Hi,

I have a couple of windows users and I would like them to be available in
Linux. The FDS has a great feature which is the Active Directory
synchronization. I read attentively the documentation and searched the
source code but I did not find answers to my questions so I post them here.

For a user to be available in Linux she has to have a valid uid number. How
is the field uidNumber populated during inbound synchronization? (same for
the user's home directory)

When the windows users are organized in a tree of OUs do I have to create
the containers in FDS manually or are they created automatically by the
synchronization plug-in? (the FDS documentation mentions something about
this but it wasn't very clear to me)

Thanks.

Aly S.P Dharshi
aly.dharshi@xxxxxxxxx