Re: Samba and FDS 7.1 on Fedora Core 4 Error

Leonardo Pugliesi ha scritto:

Adam Stokes ha scritto:

Ok I know what the problem is, its my fault :( when I was testing this I
always run the following :

getent group

This should display
Domain Admins:x:2512:
Domain Users:x:2513:
Domain Guests:x:2514:
Domain Computers:x:2515:

So, if that doesn't display those groups after adding them to the ldap
server run the following (on fedora)

authconfig

Configure user information to use LDAP, this will configure PAM
correctly and then you should be able to proceed.

Ill get that added right away

OK, now working...
net groupmapping result:
Successfully added group Domain Admins to the mapping db
thanks a lot
Leon

i managed to execute net groupmap add etc., but i have problems in the next step of how-to:
i added the entry of "Administrator" as shown in the how-to but on
smbpasswd -a Administrator i get the following error:
[root@fedorac4 ~]# smbpasswd -a Administrator
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
ldapsam_modify_entry: Failed to add user dn= uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=localdomain with: Already exists

ldapsam_add_sam_account: failed to modify/add user with uid = Administrator (dn = uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=localdomain)
Failed to add entry for user Administrator.
Failed to modify password entry for user Administrator
[root@fedorac4 ~]#

the ldapsearch -x -Z shows the entry in this way:
_____________________________________

# Administrator, People, localdomain
dn: uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=localdomain
uid: Administrator
cn: Samba Admin
givenName: Samba
sn: Admin