Re: support for non-localy stored passwords?

Quoting David Boreham <david_list@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

Is this a currently supported OpenLDAP feature ?

The {SASL}username@REALM works on all OpenLDAP versions shipped with Red Hat 7.3 (probably earlier too) up to FC3 and RHEL4. I haven't checked OpenLDAP shipped with FC4, but my guess is that it should work on FC4 too. It is also mentioned
in many HOWTOs dealing with non-trivial authentication configurations.  While
probably not very widespread (most people have only one Kerberos domain, or
some other password store, and even more people simply have passwords stored
inside LDAP database), I guess there are many OpenLDAP installations that take
advantage of it.

Anyhow, if something like this is not possible with current version of FDS,
posibility to use saslauthd and to create mappings between LDAP objects and
external entities (against which passwords should be checked) would be nice and
usefull features to have in FDS.