Re: support for non-localy stored passwords?

What problem are you trying to solve? Are you trying to authenticate apps that cannot use LDAP SASL and must use LDAP Simple BIND, and use your Kerberos password? Fedora DS has a pam_passthru plugin that might help you with that. You can tell FDS to use PAM to authenticate the user, and you can configure PAM to authenticate against Kerberos.

My guess was that since saslauthd is involved, that he wants to authenticate against an existing
cyrus-sasl user database.  I think it may be possible to do that via PAM.