Re: features

Dinil Divakaran wrote:

Does SyncRepl mean keeping replicas in sync (say by enforcing Replication updates) ?

It is just a new type of replication protocol, which is at the moment only supported by OpenLDAP. It is supposed to be more resistant to problems which occur after there has been long downtime between replicas, and is very suitable for e.g. synchronizing directories for offline usage (laptops).

If so, this is an important feature that need to be supported, right ?

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/syncrepl.html

I would certainly like to see a compatible replication protocol between OpenLDAP and FDS. I guess this could be implemented as a plugin...

Mike
--
LDAP Directory Consulting - http://www.netauth.com