Re: schema extension via ldif at install time

Brian K. Jones wrote:
Actually, I figured it out, and just performed an install that worked. I put my 99user.ldif in /opt/fedora-ds/bin/slapd/install/schema before running setup. Then, when I ran setup, I selected "custom install". Then I just fed it my ldif dump from openldap, and there were no errors in the ldif import stage of the installation. If I find that things really didn't happen after I fire up the console, I'll check back, but all appears well at the moment.

Don't put schema into 99user.ldif, it's not maintainable.

Instead, create a file like 90myOwnSchema.ldif, then you can version control and upgrade it when needed.

Also, you should read about the silent installation capability of the setup program. I have done extensive coding to generate silent.inf files from arbitrary data sources, and have automated the entire installatoin and replicaton configuration process from start to finish.

--
mike