Re: [Fedora-directory-users] PAM authentication

Thomas Mathiesen wrote:

Two more issues (one off-topic):

1. How do I add posixAccounts in the admin web interface (eg.
http://ldap.mydomain.com:15613/clients/dsgw/bin/lang?context=dsgw)?
Preferrably a gui method for this. If not, I'll have to think of using
phpldapadmin or something similar.
You can't in the _web_ interface, but you can in the console. This won't work from the Users&Groups tab in the main console window. Open the Directory Server into which you want to add the users. Go to the Directory tab. With the Properties editor, you can "posix" enable an existing user or create a new user with the posix attributes.

2. Does anyone know how I can cache posixAccounts on the client? At the
moment, users can login, if connected to the network where the fds server is..
but if we have a network outage, or a person is using a laptop off-site, (s)he
won't be able to login using their ldap account? Ok. maybe this is off-topic,
but if anyone knows, please tell me.

I am writing some scripts, and gonna build a gui, to make it easy for newbie
admins to set this up.
Cheers
/Thomas