Re: starting Fedora Server SIG

Jon Ciesla wrote:
There were many discussions in the past few days and weeks about the
orientation Fedora currently has. It is a fact that currently
Fedora is primarily desktop oriented.

We agree that Desktop is important part of the system, it is highly
visible to the public and large number of Fedora users. But we also see
a large number of Fedora and CentOS users and RHEL customers with very
specific needs and demands. We can not omit the server fundamentals that
later create a successful enterprise product and in our opinion a formal
entity must exist to coordinate these efforts.

That's why we started work on establishing the Fedora Server SIG. The
draft is available at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DanHorak/ServerSIG
Any constructive ideas are welcome  :-)

I'm in.  I run a side business on all Fedora servers.  People think I'm
nuts.  I love the up-to-date software and stability.  And I upgrade via
yum. :)

/me too. :)

Dmitry Butskoy
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/DmitryButskoy