Re: review-o-matic : Fedora package review helper

On Mon, 2008-11-03 at 08:39 +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Saturday 01 November 2008, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 16:11 -0700, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> > > I think some code can be borrowed from rpmlint.
> >
> > Borrowing code is a losing proposition. What we need is for the main
> > rpmlint script to be refactored so that we can call it with a filename.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "call it with a filename", could you elaborate?
> Specfiles, package .rpm files and directories can already be passed to it.

Right now rpmlint.py contains a large amount of magick, in the forms of
a lot of global code and a rather complex main(). It would be handy
various functions could be called that loaded the tests, tested the
files, and processed the results. That way rpmlint could be used as part
of a larger Python app such as the future Review-o-Matic.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazqueznet@xxxxxxxxx>