2008/10/31 Rawhide Report <rawhide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-2b12.fc10
------------------------------------
* Mon Oct 27 18:00:00 2008 Lillian Angel <langel@xxxxxxxxxx> - 1:1.6.0-1.2.b12
- Added netbeans requirement for devel package.
So, since now I need to install netbeans-platform8 in order to be able
to compile helloworld.java? It looks for me like one more redunant BR.
Correct me if I wrong
FYI Java VisualVM was first bundled with the the Java platform, Standard Edition (Java SE) in JDK version 6, update 7. [1]

IMHO
1) Java VisualVM will be very useful at the development time, e.g. if your helloworld is the multithread remote Java application or Web service :-) 2) The NetBeans platform [2] is not bad platform to support a tool for data visualization. BTW, there is a big collection of tools [3] usually used by Java developers that are sharing this 6M byte-code of the NetBeans platform.
So, I think, it is not big overhead.

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/visualvm/index.html
[2] http://www.netbeans.org/features/platform/index.html
[3] http://plugins.netbeans.org/PluginPortal/