Re: Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Callum Lerwick wrote:

The flip side of this is "The Boy Who Cried Wolf". The same handful of
people bitch and whine about any and every change and decision.

As they should, when their experience says the change will break things and waste people's time.

After a
while they lose credibility and are doing nothing but filling the
mailing list with useless crap.

Wait, now you are going to pretend that you ever listened in the first place??? I know I don't get much sympathy here because I disagree with policies, but find someone you trust that has kept large processes running for a long time with a lot of trained operators to ask how an unexpected change in an OS will affect things. If you aren't building an OS that can be trusted for large and complex operations (and improving it at that), what's the point? We can get toys anywhere.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx