Re: Reasons to preseve X on tty7

Casey Dahlin wrote:
I don't expect Ubuntu to be any more compatible with Fedora than Windows. The two come out pretty similar only because we happen to agree on more than we disagree on (believe it or not), and because wheel-inventing costs effort, even if you think you can make a shinier one.

That's a horrible analogy; Windows doesn't even attempt POSIX compatibility. Now, if you were comparing Fedora to Solaris, that would be better :-).

And I happen to expect a LOT of compatibility between Ubuntu and Fedora (and Solaris). They're all POSIX, after all. (That said, I'm reasonably confident that POSIX doesn't specify VT assignments...)

--
Matthew
EPUN: program terminated due to egregious wordplay