Re: Reasons to preseve X on tty7

On 29.10.2008 08:40, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Dax Kelson
* With the current rawhide behavior, what happens when you combine > this with fast user switching?
The first user's desktop is on tty1, and then
is the second desktop is on tty7, and the third on tty8? I tried to test
this in my lab but I suspect video driver problems (radeon) because > my test machine would lock up.

I can confirm... second user's gdm login appears on vt7.

But is this actually a problem? All the UI elements for screen locking
and logging out provide a switch user option back to the first user. I
never needed to use the vt1 or vt7 short cut keys. The gui is self
consistent with regard to user switching regardless of what vts are
used. [...]

I hereby propose we add a Checkbox (¹) "Old-School Linux user" somewhere
to anaconda; users that want to preserve the traditional behavior for this and other things (like "show grub by default") can then just check that to get the old behavior.

CU
knurd

P.S.: You wonder if I meant that serious? I'm not sure myself. I think
the answer is: A little bit maybe ;-)