Re: Sendmail still default?

Enrico Scholz wrote:
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

One of my choices of tests on an inbound relay machine has been to
check that the user exists using an smtp check against the internal
delivery host.  How would I do that on an MTA that does not handle
milters?

Milters are bad for rcpt verification (at least in sendmail) because they
happen before alias/virtusertable expansion. Custom 'Local_check_rcpt'
rules plus tables like

In my case, this happens on external relays that have neither aliases nor users of its own. The idea is to make sure the internal target would accept the address as a user or alias without having to update the external relay's virtuser database every time an internal user or alias changes.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx