Re: Chaning the default icewm theme.

Gilboa Davara wrote:
Hello all,

I maintain the icewm package under both Fedora and EPEL.
A couple of months ago I modified an existing theme to mimic the look of
Clearlooks and I'm thinking about using it as the default theme in the
next release of IceWM for both platforms.

Why not something based on Nodoka instead?

A couple of problems/questions:
1. Should I include the theme in the main icewm package and use it as
the default theme? The theme is rather small (~27K compressed. ~600K
expanded.)

Separate package is probably a good idea for people with other preferences.

2. The Fedora theme uses the Fedora icon as it's "start" button. I tried
contacting the Fedora-legal theme and get their permission to use this
icon - but got no replays. Do I require explicit permissions to use this
icon? (I've got the same problem in RHEL/CentOS - but I'll ask the same
question in the EPEL ML.)

Drop a mail to logo AT fedoraproject.org as indicated in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo

3. I was thinking about circumventing the legal/distribution issue

Don't circumvent it.

Rahul