Re: Sendmail still default?

Colin Walters wrote:
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Matthew Woehlke
<mw_triad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Colin Walters wrote:
A note - the desktop spin would like to have no MTA by default for
F11.  We'll likely change the way cron is handled so that if you have
per-user cron jobs an MTA is installed.
What happens to root's cron jobs (e.g. logwatch)? Do they just go to
/dev/null, or do you have some cool new log monitor?

/dev/null by default.  In the longer term what I would like to see is
*some* of this kind of thing integrated with:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/CrashHandling
But most logs from a desktop machine are just pure noise.

Yes and no. I'd prefer to see some sort of event viewer that would do logwatch, but with much more terse, consolidated output (and by default throw out all but the last N days' entries).

Even on desktops, I'd like to watch who's logging in, but it's such a pain to do right now...

--
Matthew
When on POSIX, do as POSIX mandates.