Re: Status of libtool 2.2.X?

On Oct 10, 2008, at 3:38 PM, Callum Lerwick wrote:

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 11:31 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
If the state of the art has advanced and there's a tool that can
replace libtool so a developer can say "I want a shared library" and the
tool builds it on all platforms then we could look into getting
upstreams to switch but simply getting rid of libtool in favour of
handcoding Makefiles to build shared libraries is a step in the wrong
direction.

CMake! Catch the wave!

http://www.cmake.org/

Um, no. That's not what he asked for.

If you want upstream to stop using libtool altogether, find a suitable replacement and convince the Automake developers to use it instead.

This thread is getting less constructive by the posting. We still don't know the nature of the failures.

Braden