Re: Fedora 10 Live CD services (all necessary?)

Naheem Zaffar wrote:
Which ones?

Just asking someone else to both investigate the situation and then do
the work is easy. Atleast the basic investigation step does not need a
coder/developer. Find what you believe is extra and then ask why that
is on, and if it can be turned off.

Pretty off topic, but I notice that NetworkManager, bluetooth and CUPS
are all on and I suspect that they will be useful to most people.

Would it be possible to turn these off and have HAL (or some sort of
hardware service manager) start them up if the relevant hardware is
detected? (yes, I am also asking - call me hypocritical :P)

CUPS can autodetect network printers, which desktop users would no doubt find useful, even though there may be no local printing hardware.

Paul.