Re: tab completion less useful now, due to sbin in path

On 07.10.2008 07:25, Jon Stanley wrote:
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Awesome. Accusing-people-of-bikeshed painting again. It's like tne Godwin's
Law of Fedora Devel or something. You get to be all snarky sounding and
dismissive at the same time. "Ooooh, the people who don't agree with me are
BIKESHED PAINTING! Zing!"

I really don't think so.  This is painting the bike shed more than any
other thread in recent memory. I don't personally use the term that
often, and had been avoiding weighing in on this thread for precisely
that reason, but this has now gone too far. We already decided the
color of the bike shed, and it's blue. Reference below:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SteeringCommittee/Meeting-20080820

The proper time to voice objections to this would have been there, 6
weeks ago now.

Afaics and iirc it was announced just 24 hours before the meeting in question that the sbin feature is going to be discussed:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-August/msg00806.html

Do you consider that enough time to voice objections? I don't. But that's IMHO not a problem in our workflow, as we afaics always can make adjustments even when things got decided.

And it would definitely not the first time that features or improvements need to be adjusted or even reverted once the majority of users get aware of them in a beta. That's normal and shooting those discussion down with "The proper time to voice objections to this would have been there, 6 weeks ago now." is not going to bring Fedora forward.

CU
knurd