Re: Uniform Proxy Settings

Tim Lauridsen пишет:
Kulbir Saini wrote:
Hi list,

Whenever I try a new version of Fedora, the first problem I face is setting the proxy. It seems for almost every application, I have to specify proxy at a different place. We have this "System -> Preferences -> Internet and Network -> Network Proxy" app to specify proxy settings. But I wonder if there is some application which obeys these settings.

Examples:

1. Yum (3.2.19-3.fc10) won't fetch proxy settings from above specified location. It has to be set via proxy option in yum.conf or http_proxy/ftp_proxy env variable.
The problem is that the above is Gnome thing, so it make sense for gnome apps to use it, but yum a low level app there should work on all systems, also sytems with no GUI.
Tim

Yes, but it is no problem for yum optionally check this settings if it is available in system, right?