Re: unfrozen repo somewhere?

Horst H. von Brand wrote:

                             bugs not getting fixed, ...

Developer's fault.

It's not the developer's fault that you _ship_ new bugs.

How do you want to fix this? Training camp for newbie
developers? Make bug fixing more attractive (i.e., page of "Helped fix bugs
in Fedora 10" listing patch contributors, bug triagers, ...)?

Just don't ship them. If someone has to fix bugs in a released Fedora as opposed to rawhide or upstream before the version is packaged, you've already lost.

Please, /show/ how to make it better. /Tell/ where or how the workflow
could be streamlined. "More branches" just makes for a swampy river delta,
not smoother flow AFAIKS.

You probably can't match RHEL's QA for free, but testing - and not shipping things that don't pass - is the only way things can get better.

I'd say the fact that we are discussing this shows that the qualility is at
least decent enough for serious consideration.

Certainly - Otherwise, I wasn't be using Fedora.

It's certainly not perfect, but good enough for me (and fun to booth!).

I've heard the term used as in "an instrument's tuning is 'good enough' for folk music" or "an approximation is 'good enough' for government work". What's 'good enough' for an operating system?

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx