Re: please deactivate services by default!

Christoph Höger wrote:
Add sshd cups bluetooth and avahi to the list as well..

sshd seems to be deactivated by default on my laptop (I cannot remember
deactivating it), bluetooth can be activated on command (hardware
switch, starting a bluetooth app) but cups seems to be a problem. How
would you print things when the printer is attached to a server (how
even discover it)? Avahi may be a little talkative but for home purposes
it seems pretty usefull.
ssh is on by default and port 22 is open in the firewall
In system-config-firewall --> Trusted services
they removed the hash from SSH so the novice enduser
would not notice it.... ( It shows in  Other ports now )

Services that are not needed for system functionality
and network connection should be turned of by default

JB
begin:vcard
fn:Johann B. Gudmundsson
n:Gudmundsson;Johann B.
org:Reiknistofnun - University of Iceland;IT Management
adr:Taeknigardi;;Dunhagi 5;Reykjavik;;107;Iceland
email;internet:johannbg@xxxxx
title:Unix System Engineer RHCE,CCSA
tel;work:+3545254267
tel;fax:+3545528801