Re: recover from broken yum transaction

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 01:05 -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2008, Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > There seems to be two problems you are referring to. One is convenient
> > remote management and the other is transactions not being atomic.
>
> I'm actually talking about a third problem: that yum starts removing
> packages just because of an error in reporting progress to
> stdout/stderr.  Everything else was just context to trigger the
> problem.

So let's clear a few things up:

1. Once the transaction starts 'yum' isn't doing anything. It is
reporting what rpm is doing.

2. The only things it is possible for rpm to do is what is in the
transaction set and the user agrees to perform by hitting 'y'

So, if you have a case where pkgs are being removed that you have not
agreed to remove, please file a bug with details.

-sv