Re: How important is comps.xml to us these days? Which packages should be in comps.xml and which not?

[...]

>> and to get the highest visability to your package you should be
>> entering it.

TL> Sure. But if you read my mail up to the end you will notice that a
TL> good bunch of packagers don't care and don't add their packages to
TL> comps. I want to know if we in Fedora (the project/the
TL> distribution) should work towards fixing that. That implies a
TL> proper policy (which is not really clear right now), fixing the
TL> current mess where round about one/third of our packages (or even
TL> more; depends on the way you count) are missing in comps.xml and
TL> making sure all apps present the data from comps in a similar way.

Yep, this is a real problem with the comps.xml approach at the moment.
See the feature request:

https://fedorahosted.org/packagedb/ticket/78

and my response to another part of the thread.

Alex