Re: sram card

On 9/19/08, Chaitanya <surya.namuduri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

>I was trying to get a Pretec SRAM  PCMCIA card to be detected on a
>Fedora 8.

>The module gets loaded correctly and lspci also shows the card.
>But the pccardctl shows it as "no driver".
>I'm not sure if this is the correct mailing list to contact, please let
>me know if there is another list.

It's okay- you're kindof in the right mailing list- although this is for development- what you're reporting here is a bug- at least fedora knows there is a card there (there's the PCMCIA support) Fedora doesn't have a driver

So what is a "Pretec SRAM  PCMCIA " card - what is it supposed to do?
If its a really special card maybe , fedora isn't  aware that it such a card exists or needed (others correct me if I'm wrong)
1. First file a bug report (I'm not 100% sure where)
2.Ask someone or check websites for the special driver (like www.linuxlinks.com)