Re: Beware: External repos can break key transition

Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
On 16.09.2008 17:46, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
Thus yum will install the new xine-lib-extras-nonfree from Livna, but not the matching xine-lib from Fedora. Thus all apps that rely on xine will silently stop playing some videos that they were able to play beforehand.

Huh? If that happened, I'd sure file a bug... against either the package, for having a broken Requires:, or against yum/rpm for ignoring the Requires:. But I'm confused, because (at least in my case) yum correctly refused to install xine-libs-extras-nonfree until the matching xine-lib was also available, so I don't get how this would happen.

This afaics would happen if Livna would have done what was suggested in
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-September/msg01462.html

Sigh. Somehow I seem to have failed to read that part of the thread. My bad :-).

--
Matthew
There's no place like ~. -- Unknown