Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 2008-08-13

Jesse Keating wrote:
On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 19:14 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
* FESCo approved the following feature for F10:
      * http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/ApplianceTools

I just noticed and read this a little closer... and looked a the meeting
minutes which were... sparse.

This feature involves Fedora actually producing and distributing
something we've never done before, a tarred image for use in a virtual
machine.  That's not your typical "spin" which is an iso format to be
consumed by booting it on hardware, real or fake.  Was any thought or
discussion at all put into the implications of this?  Was releng
consulted about our ability to produce/test this during development
cycles, particularly Beta?  Do we have any thought as to how this would
be advertised to users, and any documentation about how to use it as
well?

I can not speak to all the questions, but I know that Josh Broyler was there during the meeting but to be fair we did not discuss that it was a different type of spin. We would be happy to provide the documentaion around how to use it. The tooling which would be used (based on livecd-tools) went through a round of testing the last fedora test day.

Could FESCo maybe take another gander at this feature page and comment
on some of the above issues?
I will plan on being online for the FESCO meeting to discuss as necessary.

-- bk