$arch.newkey mirrors

I have been following the threads concerning the newly signed updates due for release shortly and have done some investigation on the availability of the packages from the mirrors.

From my understanding the $arch.newkey directories contain the newly signed packages underneath each of the release version directories in the updates tree. Looking on download.fedora.redhat.com it looks like these started appearing around 28th August and were last updated around 5th September.

HOWEVER, on all of the mirrors I have looked at (which is a small sample) these directory trees exist but are empty. The one's we are interested in support RSYNC as we hold a local copy of the trees we are interested in. The best example of this is mirrorservice.org in the UK (best as it is the one we use) but even major site sin the US do not have the packages.

Am I right in believing that this is going to cause some significant delay when the keys are finally published? Is this what is expected or is this a problem with the mirroring process that needs fixing?

Reason I am asking is that I would like to fix our mirror process but without directories populated on an rsync server I am stuck.

Also, what is the likelihood that the old $arch directories will disappear and be replaced by the $arch.newkey directories once the keys are released?

Howard.